Level 2 Diploma in Chinese Culinary Arts (Lu Ban)
|Qualifi Level 2 Diploma in Chinese Culinary Arts (Lu Ban)
|Regulated Qualification Framework (RQF)
|Qualification number (RQF):
|QUALIFI Level 3 Diploma in Chinese Culinary Arts (Lu Ban) or directly into employment in an associated profession.
|UK and international
This qualification has been created for learners who wish to develop their Chinese cooking and culinary skills within the catering sector. The qualification provides a specialist work-related programme of study that provides breadth and depth of knowledge and understanding, along with practical skills required for Chinese cooking. It also allows specialist development through the units.
We hope that centres and learners take the opportunity to learn a great deal from this programme that will provide relevant new skills and qualities. It is envisaged that this programme will encourage both academic and professional development so that learners move forward to realise not just their own potential, but also that of organisations across a broad range of sectors. The Diploma is accredited at Level 3. The programme has a total equivalence of 85 credits.
- Understanding the Tianjin Food Culture
- Identifying and Classifying Chinese Food Ingredients
- An Introduction to the use of Kitchen Equipment
- Deep Frying, Shallow Frying and Stir-Frying
- Steaming, Braising, Red-braising and Poaching
- Formation of Noodles and Dumplings
- Western Influenced and Chinese Desserts
- Establish knowledge of Chinese food and culture.
- Knowledge for the preparation, cooking, assembly and regeneration of Chinese food associated to the region of Tianjin.
- An understanding of current industry legislation and establishment procedures.
- Key nutritional groups their function and main food sources.
- Dish development to meet special diets and individual needs.
- Qualifications at Level 1 and/or;
- Learners who have work experience in a catering environment and can demonstrate ambition with clear career goals.