Terms & Conditions
- For this contract, the terms; `the college`, `we`, and `our` mean or refer to Alexander London College, and the term `you` refers to an applicant.
- The purpose of these Terms and Conditions is to set out a contractual relationship between you and the College. The contract is made of:
1. These Terms and Conditions
2. The Course description on our website https://alexanderlondoncollege.com/qualifications/
3. The Unconditional Offer letter (Offer).
4. The College’s Policies and Procedures, published on our website, student handbook and Moodle.
- The College provides all information about the course content and structure to the applicant. The applicant should read the course content and understand the course structure to ensure that they know all information before the start of the course.
- By accepting the Offer you enter into a contract with the College. You enter into the contract even if the fees are paid on your behalf by a third party.
- Anyone providing false information on the application form will be discontinued from the College even after the enrolment, and will not get any refund.
- The College requires all its students to attend all lectures and classes; submit written work when required; attend all tests and examinations; and work thoroughly throughout the programme.
- The student is required to provide at least twenty four (24) hours advance notice in writing to the College staff if for any reason (other than medical or other emergency) he/she is unable to attend the class as published on the timetable.
- We may suspend/withdraw any student without a refund at any stage from a programme if the student fails to achieve satisfactory attendance; fails to submit the coursework by the deadlines stated, commits fraud or acts inappropriately.
- We may remove any student without a refund at any stage from a programme if the student fails to fulfil any financial obligations to the College.
As part of accepting these Terms and Conditions, you should refer to the College’s Fee Policy and Refunds and Compensation Policy for full information.
- We reserve the right to change or alter the timetable and the composition of our teaching staff whenever the expediency of the situation requires us to do so.
- The College may decide to apply reasonable changes to the course provision either before or after the enrolment date. The student is advised to refer to the Student Protection Plan .
- We reserve the right to cancel any programme with four weeks’ notice before the published commencement date of the programme, in which case any fees paid will be refunded in full.
- For programmes leading to qualifications awarded by external awarding bodies, students must agree to be bound by the relevant awarding body regulations and any subsequent amendments made to that from time to time.
- You have the right to cancel your contract within 7 days of the course start. The written course withdrawal form (available in the Reception) must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. The full refund of fees paid will be made within 28 working days after receiving the withdrawal form. There will be no refund available if you fail to notify us in writing about cancelation of this contract within 7 days of your course start.
- We pay your awarding body course registration fees on your behalf. If at any time during your course you decide to withdraw or are withdrawn because of non- compliance with our policies and procedures, you will be required to reimburse the course registration fee made on your behalf to the College. You are required to contact the Finance Department at email@example.com to arrange a payment.
- By accepting terms and conditions, you agree to comply with the College’s policies and procedures as amended from time to time. These include the policies and regulations concerning your studies, conduct and behaviour, including regulations relating to harassment, the use of IT facilities, health and safety and data protection requirements.
Limitation of liability: THE STUDENT’S ATTENTION IS PARTICULARLY DRAWN TO THIS CLAUSE
- Nothing in these terms and the Contract limits any liability which cannot legally be limited, including but not limited to liability for:
- Death or personal injury caused by negligence;
- Fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; and
- Subject as above, the College’s total liability to the Student shall not exceed the limit of the Colleges insurance cover in place at the time of any incident. The College’s total liability includes liability in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, arising under or in connection with the Contract.
The following types of loss are wholly excluded:
- Loss of use or corruption of computer software, data or information which results from linking to the College IT system unless that damage is caused by the Colleges gross negligence.
- Indirect or consequential loss (which means any loss other than that directly caused by the action of the College e.g. if your computer is stolen, then the limit is for the cost of the actual computer and not to any loss caused by the thief accessing the contents which would be an indirect loss.
- Unless the Student notifies the College that he/she intends to make a claim in respect of an event within the notice period, the College shall have no liability for that event. The notice period for an event shall start on the day on which the Student became, or ought reasonably to have become, aware of the event having occurred and shall expire 6 months from that date. The notice must be in writing and must identify the event and the grounds for the claim in reasonable detail. In some cases we may be able to accept a complaint after the time limit. The student would have to include compelling personal reason statement.
- In exceptional circumstances, we may be able to accept a complaint after the time limit. If you feel that the time limit should not apply to your complaint, please tell us why.
- This limitation of liability clause shall continue after the course or other connection with the College has ended and will also cover any claims brought after that time.
I confirm that I have completed this form and to the best of my knowledge the information provided is complete and accurate. I have read and understood the Terms and Conditions in this form and the College’s Policies and Procedures. I am acutely aware that failure to comply with the College’s Policies and Procedures may lead to my admission at Alexander London College being cancelled.